We celebrated Adam and Karla's wedding yesterday June 12th.
The ceremony was presided over by a a Hennepin County Judge in his courtroom.
I had no idea what the wedding was going to be like and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. The judge obviously enjoys this part of his day and his remarks emphasized the happy and serious nature of the proceedings.
He offered to renew Karla and Adam's marriage vows in 25 years at no charge if they would come pick him up (he will be 90 at that point).
He also predicted that at some point in the marriage (in 2 years) they might question the decision to marry. He told them to call someone who was present with them this day to talk through their misgivings and that if they did this their marriage would last. (I think that is what he said--correct me if I misheard).
He also made a point that marital love is not unconditional like the love a parent has for a child--so you have to work at it to keep it alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment