Diane went to Antigua,Guatemala with a surgical team from Allina Oct 13th-24th. Half of the team of 28 was 'non technical' so many of the photos are eduational tours we did through Common Hope, our sponsoring organization. We also did volunteer work set up by Common Hope. I roomed and traveled with Cheryl who got me interested in volunteering with the surgical team. I hadn't been to Guatemala since '91 so was surprised at how much spanish I remembered. Returning to Guatemala was as thrilling as my previous adventures there had been. I was most impressed with all the surgeries performed by the 2 gen. surgeons, podiatrist & the skilled surg. team members. The organizational work of Common Hope, Partners in Surgery, and Pedro Hermanos Hospital to make this all work so well was awesome.
I also want to again thank my family and friends who helped with financial donations to make this week possible.
Double click on the photo to enlarge and read my captions.
2 comments:
Love the photos and I'm glad you had a great trip. Can't believe how familiar it all looks.
Thanks for sharing your pictures, very interesting to see other areas of Guatemala.
Post a Comment